The IL Local Food Farms Jobs Council (ILFFJC) is pleased to make the
1. The ILFFJC is going to begin posting Executive Committee
meeting notes on this listserv. (Attached are notes from Jan. 10, 17,
2. Highlights from EC meetings of Jan. 31 and Feb. 7 are
3. The ILFFJC’s Feb. 29 quarterly meeting at the IL Dept of
Agriculture in Springfield will focus on development of seven new
working groups created to support implementation of strategic plan.
Subsequent to the meeting, communications will be sent out via this
listserv providing updates on working group activities as well as
inviting local food community involvement.
4. The ILFFJC is entering into a memorandum of understanding with a
team of undergraduate students from the University of IL Chicago as
well as a doctoral candidate from the University of IL Champaign to
carry out research projects over the next few months that support
working group activities.
5. The EC is hopeful that that many others will want to volunteer
their time to support the realization of our mandate from the IL
6. The Illinois Local Food Farms and Jobs Act of 2009 (Public Act
096-02579) authorized formation of the ILFFJC “To facilitate the
growth of an Illinois-based local farm and food product economy that
revitalizes rural and urban communities, promotes healthy eating with
access to fresh foods, creates jobs, ensures a readily available
supply of safe food in an emergency event, and supports economic
growth through making local farm or food products available to all